Saturday, March 26, 2011

Everyday miracles, dreams and visions

                                                                      Miracles
In my dream there were four people who knew one another and were connected somehow. An event took place that affected each of them differently, and had also separated them. Years went by and one day one of them, a women, was shopping in an outdoor market and while she was walking she began to sing. A woman buying fruit at the market heard the song and rushed along side the first woman and began to sing along. Aged only by the passage of time the second woman was and is one of the four who was separated by the event. Joy and harmony rang out as the two continued to sing. Another woman hearing the song came and interlaced her arms with the other two women and began to sing. These three now shared a grateful smile and lifted their voices in joy at their reunion. The voices of these three singing and sharing the same song filled the air and was carried on the wind throughout  the area. From a distance another woman hearing the sound of the song came running and joined in harmony with the others. Each of these youthful friends had weathered the same stormy event, were separated, and now reunited by the words of a familiar song. Standing from a distance I could feel myself apart of this story. While dreaming I found myself saying, I know this song. One word stood out clearer then the rest. It is the word mayim. Perhaps the reason it stood out for me was it was repeated four times in the song. I awoke to the sound of my own voice in my head, saying, I know this word. In a language I understand this word means water. They were singing a song about water.
Everyday at work now I sing or hum this song about water  because it comforts me and fills my heart with joy.

Lori Weidenbacher

No comments:

Post a Comment